3 February 2022
Braised Oxtail with Potatoes
Today I’m going to teach you how to cook a delicious and hearty Braised Oxtail with Potatoes recipe that my mom used to cook for our entire family back in Spain. For this recipe we are going to need a pressure cooker and a bit of time, but it’s very easy. Are you ready to surprise your family and friends with a traditional Spanish dish? Let’s go!
- 3 Kg Beef Oxtail
- 4 Tomatoes
- 3 Onion
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 3 Bay Leaf
- 200 gr Plain Flour
- 1 Bottle red wine
- 1 Leek
- 1 Kg Potatoes
- 3 Carrots
- Pinch of Claves
- Olive Oil
- 100 gr White wine
- Peel the Onion and Carrot and dice cut them very small alongside with the leek
- On the pressure cooker, add a bit of olive oil to sautéed the veggies
- In the meantime, in another pan, flour and season the oxtail, seal in the hot pan and put it inside the pressure cooker.
- Once the veggies are soft, add the oxtail to the pressure cooker, make a bouquet with the spices and put in on the pressure cooker with the tomato. Cover with water and cook it for one and half hours.
- In another pot, pour the entire the red wine bottle and boil it until caramelised. Be careful don’t burn the wine!
- Once the pressure cooker is done (1.5 hrs), take off the oxtail and blend the stock.
- After you finish blending the stock, add it into the pot where the caramelised red wine is and add the oxtail.
- Cook it for another hour.
- In the meantime, peel the potatoes and cut into wedges, place them in water.
- In another pan, add olive oil and when is in 146 degrees add the potatoes and cook them until brown and crunchy outside and massy inside.
- Listo! We have our delicious Braised Oxtail ready to eat.
Have a look at the video for the Braised Oxtail with Potatoes full cooking class.